Thursday, January 8, 2015

Project Quilting Season 6 -Challenge 1 - "723" ~Kris

"723"
This 17 x 12 Wall Hanging was created with 1.5 inch scraps I had from a previous project I over cut for. The image is a pixilated tree. The challenge was to be inspired by trees and I knew right away what I wanted to do. I attempted to improve piece and seams lining up and perfectly straight seams didn't mater to me. Nature isn't perfect, it has it beautiful imperfections,  as do we. 
The name "723" comes from the numbers on the house we rented in December of 2014. We made a big move from Houston to Northern Texas. This is the first compleated piece I have made in our new home.
I am very excited about this move. It has changed our familiy lives for the better. 
And to think this all started because I meet Kaz' Mother in a Block swap Group She Started on Facebook :)
I truly have been blessed to meet such an awesome family :)
~ Kris


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pixel tree! I just love it! Thanks for joining in the PQ fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tree quilt! I have a friend who recently moved to Texas, she was loving the war weather until it got really cold really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!
    You used very tiny scraps for yours and I really like all the batiks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing your first quilt in your new home. That's a special thing. I love how you didn't focus on perfection but just went with what came naturally.

    ReplyDelete