Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kris -Project quilting challenge week 5 - my fav fabric

Well this one was hard for an out 10 seconds because I love all fabric!! Lol
Okay cheesy jokes aside I new I wanted to use this one yard cut of fabric a friend sent me for my birthday. But this fabric normally would be a great backing print. So how do I use it as the main focus.
First thought cut it into 10 x10  and make a garden path quilt. Then after the first cute it hit me that I'll end up with really hard to use scraps. Why not cut it up in a way that uses the whole yard :) and lay it out how the yard would look laid out minus the seams :)

Calling this one
MODERN TOPIARIES
54 X74
MY OWN ORGINAL DESIGN :)

Used decorative  stitched on my machine and free motion leaves to quilt this one 
and used a sheet on the back.

2 comments:

  1. So creative! I love how you made up your own design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design and the quilt. Great name for it!

    ReplyDelete