Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kris - Project Quilting Season 6- week 3 - orphan block challenge

This week I ended up using my patriotic theme Orphan blocks :)  the string blocks originally were for a wall hanging but I scrapped it because string blocks too too long. And the center of the star block are left over from a Christmas table runner I made last July :) This quilt is a lap quilt for my hubby. He served 12 years in the Navy. And i used up the left over fabric i used on his Christmas stocking and Bible Cover.
This is my 2nd attempt at a rag quilt....still not sold but I didn't want to just do that simple "x" through the block. I quilted each square as if each was a mini quilt with a star fm design. I also used fabric that belonged to my grandma on the back. It a little dated but it means a lot to me to use stuff she once had in my projects :)
this finished at about 48 x 48
Name- " Tribute to my Hubby"

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quilt and gift for your hubby! Great work! It will be super cozy too!

    ReplyDelete